Hi VAnessa and Julie,
Just a quick note to let you know that I tried the first thing in the freezer last night for supper. Vanessa - I selected your lovely echilladas as they were frozen separately and with the little ones sick and Elizabeth over to Jodi's for supper, 4-5 and some rice were a good meal for myself and Paul. I hadn't thawed them out enough because of my last of planning but I left them in the convection oven an extra 20 minutes and they were AWESOME. Thank you so much. I was going to try out the chicken pot pie tonight but I think I'll wait until everyone's appitite is back before I bake it up.
Its very comforting to know that when plans don't work out you have backups in your freezer to get you through in a healthy way.
I'll try to post the recipe for the chicken nuggats later on just so its there. Also, there is a healthy options committee at Elizabeth's school that sent home a recipe for chocolate banana breakfast bars that has LOTS of healthy things packed into it. I whipped up a batch (makes 24) yesterday and Elizabeth and her friends loved them. I froze some of them to put into her lunch as a substitute for the Quaker ones that cost so much and are just a shade above a candy bar. I'll post that recipe as well.
We should still capture our lessons learned soon before we forget some of it. I'll try and list of some things later on.
Talk to you later,
KL
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment